(Ships Free via USPS First Class or Media mail)Healing Stone Massage - level 1 with Carollanne Crichton.
Carollanne Crichton leads you through basic hot stone massage, a cool moonstone facial massage and also introduces six advanced restorative protocols.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
Are you fascinated with the idea of using smoothly honed rocks to enhance your massage work? This video demonstrates everything you need to know to either begin a hot stone massage practice or to add this innovative technique to your existing bodywork practice. Learn about the various types of stones, textures and shapes as well as the benefits and cautions related to stone therapy. Carollanne Crichton expertly discusses the benefits of stone massage, answers frequently asked questions, and leads you through a basic hot stone massage utilizing foundation layouts and hot stone massage techniques.
Also included in this video:
• Introduction (three types of stones, stone shapes, textures)
• Different temperatures and how to use each one
• Contraindications to thermo therapy
• Massaging the legs, arms, belly and neck
• Laying the stones on the front and back of the body
• Applying hot towels to the face
• A 5-minute cool moonstone facial massage that can be incorporated into an actual facial, or done on its own.
• Learn six advanced restorative, healing protocols that cover a variety of dysfunctions. In each protocol, you’ll learn how to evaluate your client, and then where to place the stones for maximum benefits.
• Learn how to trace each meridian to help balance the body (lung, bladder, stomach, liver, intestines and kidney).
• All protocols provide expert stone massage techniques that will complement any massage therapist’s or esthetician’s practice.
Hot Stone Therapy is an age-old healing treatment. Hot basalt stones penetrate muscles and balance the nervous system like no other treatments. The heat helps increase circulation and boost the immune system - even more than traditional Swedish massage. Some practitioners also believe that it operates at a deeper level than deep tissue because it affects the autonomic nervous system , which can help to reduce anxiety.
ABOUT CAROLLANNE CRICHTON
Carollanne Crichton has been performing and teaching stone massage work for over ten years and she is the founding director of The Institute of the Healing Arts in Rhode Island.
Good instruction, September 17, 2006
Reviewer: meditrina (Plainfield, Ct United States)
This video gives precise protical for giving an excelent massage using stones. I also enjoyed the added portion on stone placement. It's so soothing to watch, you may nod off!
Great ideas provided, January 30, 2006
Reviewer: Clang "Carol LMT" (N.Y.)
I have been practicing massage almost 2 years. Im just getting into hot stone, I have seen other videos, and liked this one the best. It gives more than hot stone, also a briefing on cold stone, and also hot stone on the meridians. I liked her explaination of the hot stone, and also the healing purpose of the few different meridians were helpful, and the stone layouts for each of the maridian. This gave me some ideas for my business. I thought it was helpful.
Comprehensive, January 10, 2006
Reviewer: Tom "Tom" (Texas, USA)
I have been a massage therapist for 10 years, and decided to learn stone massage. I purchased this DVD and was very happy. I found the filming on the beach to be peacful and the pace of the program was great. I also know a bit about meridians, and this DVDs presentation of meridian work was a great adjunct to the already complete hot stone massage sequence. A friend of mine showed me the hot stone video that she purchased, and it was not as comprehensive or well done as this one. This video has alot of extra information that I really appreciated.